Thursday, February 4, 2010

Getting Started

Well, I have not posted in a bit. No doubt because I have been working.
But, this absence has not been wasted. I have begun a project that I have been toying with in my head for quit some time.
The idea is for me to go through an entire production pipeline by myself. This way I can teach myself about the different aspects of a production of a feature ( for this instance, it is just the creation of a character and a fulfillment of an idea) or a short. I will keep this short and get right to it than.

The first aspect of any production is an idea, than of course a concept (concept art), and than R&D ( research and development). Currently I am tackling Concept Art as well as R&D.
So please check it out and tell me what you think.
I was trying to decide what character I should create for this project, and it was tough. But, than I decided to use this surreal expression of myself that I drew for fun. Now for now it is not decided that this will be the subject or the final look. So bare with me for work in progress posts.

And as for R&D I have been gathering all the material and resources I can on pipeline production for different packages like Zbrush (http://www.pixologic.com/home.php) which is a digital modeling/sculpting software and Softimage for rigging and animation.

Right now I am diligently taking notes on a Masterclass lecture on full Zbrush character development.

No comments:

Post a Comment