Friday, October 23, 2009

Final Stretch

It is the final day to work on this assignment, turn in is Saturday 24th 1am. This is what I have at this point, I am going to be touching up this one and adding the lip sync to it. With this version I will be taking some of the cluttered gestures out and adding a pose at the start so that my character can move into the lip sync. Thanks Sam for that note by the way. As well as I will be fixing some of the shaking and flashing. I have been told that I have strong poses that are working, but apparently I have cluttered it up with some keys. With that said the list of things to do for this version to be ready for turn in is as follows; Add starting pose to prelude lip sync, remove cluttering poses from head slapping gesture, try to hold the body at some points to add a natural stillness, add blinking at key points to insinuate thinking, check timing to make sure he is moving before speaking not after, add the lip movements/phonetics.
I won't lie, that is a pretty intimidating list of goals for this animation. And I would be lying if I said I will achieve all these goals or that I will get them done well. But, I can say that I sure as hell am going to try.




And just to make sure I give credit where credit is due, here are the notes that I received from Sam Ewing on the previous post.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Trooper,
I've taken a look at Dailies 2 lip-sync animation "Cage", and, as you've asked for comments, here they are. (If you don't mind I'll make these brief, knowing you have a deadline to deal with. And please remember that these are just ideas, with which you can agree or not, as your artistic spirit and good taste dictates. You're on the right track... Trust yourself.)
I suggest you start the scene before he begins to speak... give the audience a look at his expression and what he thinks before he says it.
Generally, it feels a little floaty. Add some snap, ie. move faster between the key poses. Also, as the line is given in a quiet manner, I would attempt to make him even more still; don't neglect the power of inactivity. This will add contrast when he does move, ie. slaps head, makes cage of hands, etc.
Try a blink when he changes eye direction. Check your copy of The Illusion of Life and see what Frank and Ollie have to recomend about this. By the way, I liked it that he closes his eyes while he speaks at one point, adds an effortlessness and naturalness to the delivery of his line.
Fix the pop when he hits his head. You had that working in a previous edition, so I figure it's an easy fix.
Perhaps bring his hands together sooner to make the cage. Again, let your audience see before they hear?
Have fun. Thanks for the chance to look at your work.
Regards,
Sam
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment